Talking 'Bout My Generation

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

KANYE'S "STRONGER" INFLUENCE

Man, this song is EVERYWHERE. Now, I've never been the biggest fan of Kanye West as a person b/c he always comes off as kind of a dick, but hey, he's got some great music and I think it really speaks to this generation. On the other hand, I LOVE Daft Punk and thought their song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" was one of their best. It really captures the go-go-go of this generation. To sample such a great song and really add to it just shows so much. The lyrics, the music itself. Its all about giving it all you got and not knowing what's going to happen, but you gotta put yourself out there. Its also about reinvention, appropriation, and adaptation... making things work for you. I'm just loving this song right now and I know a lot of others are too.

And for a fun throw-back to the original. Check out this video made below by a YouTube user and clear Daft Punk fanatic. Its amazing:
posted by Megan Anhalt at 4:37 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home